Re: IE5 Issues

by Kayla Block <kblock(at)placeware.com>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:44:31 -0800 (PST)
 To:  hwg-software(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Afternoon Gang:
>
>Anyone try out the new Internet Explorer version 5 release yet? It is out as
>of the 16th, but, I am always leary. I use the latest IE version of the 4th
>series and am tinkering with the idea of trying out 5.
>
>Anyone know whether the DL version is plagued with bugs associated with the
>usual DL, or, whether it is clean? Apparently, the CD isn't ready yet
>(according to MS site).
>
>Also wondering whether 5 overwrites current IE versions or whether I can
>elect to use it along with IE4.

It gives you an option to supposedly allow both browser versions, but
behind the scenes, this isn't what's really going on. Both versions will
share some dlls meaning you don't have the exact same pieces that you would
with IE4 or 5. For most general web development purposes, this should work
fine. But if you are making use of complex java applets, you may find that
it doesn't truly replicate having both.

In general, it seems to be stable.

Kayla